FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Absolutely! We want to get to know you and allow you the opportunity to get to know us. We can meet for a coffee if we reside in the same city, otherwise we can schedule a phone call or a zoom call. This will allow you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, and we can outline the destination wedding planning process in greater detail and the services that we provide.
No. I am not a travel agent. I am a full- time destination wedding planner who focuses entirely on your destination wedding planning process. Aisle Plan Your Day has partnered with an elite travel firm that specializes in group romance travel. We offer our clients the luxury of an “All-In-One” destination planning & travel service team. Together, we provide our clients with two dedicated professionals who focus on travel and on wedding planning respectively.
We are proud to work with any budget and work with our couples to ensure we can create realistic expectations when planning your epic celebration. Because all of our couples are unique and have their own vision of what they want their wedding to be; budgets range anywhere from $10,000.00 – $100,000.00+
All of our quotes are customized to each individual couple and based on the scope of work. No two weddings are alike. Our minimum investment for full destination wedding planning services starts at $5000.00 and up. We will prepare a customized proposal for you based on the details of our free initial meeting to determine what services are required and whether onsite coordination is necessary. Our fee covers the services you have contracted with us. Travel and Accommodation costs are extra.
We strive to infuse not only amazing service to you, but to your guests as well. We work hard to create beautiful moments during a time where everyone you love can sit back, relax and enjoy Paradise.
What are the benefits of having our destination wedding off of the resort at a private wedding venue?
- Privacy: Couples can experience a more intimate & private celebration instead of sharing their moments with other resort guests at a busy All-inclusive resort.
- Flexibility of Vendors: Couples have the option to select wedding vendors that fit their style, theme and budget. If the wedding takes place at a private venue, we can bring in our own vendors. At a hotel/resort they will typically charge an external vendor fee for any external vendors you want to bring in, which can range anywhere from $400 – $1500.00 per vendor. A private venue ensures that a couple has the freedom to select their own vendors.
- Flexibility with Timelines: Couples have the opportunity to create your own wedding day timeline. You do not have to select from pre-determined time slots at the resort. You can usually extend your reception significantly later than you can on a resort (as most resorts require that outdoor events conclude by 10-11pm.) In the event of bad weather, we can adjust our timelines accordingly, without worrying about another couple being booked in the space at that time slot.
- You save money: Wedding groups larger than 25 guests will typically realize a cost savings of hosting their wedding celebration at a private venue. For example, a resort may charge a DJ fee of $400.00 per hour , whereas if we hire our own local vendor, we can navigate quotes to find an option that fits within your budget. You can select menu and bar offerings that better suit your vision and budget. Typically resort wedding packages are designed for up to 10 to 30 guests, beyond this guest count, costs can escalate significantly.
- Personalization: Couples can personalize their weddings with the elements that matter most, rather than selecting items from pre-packaged resort collections.
The answer is yes! We would never recommend a venue that we didn’t feel was a safe option for you and your wedding group. Together, we will navigate all of the venue options and make sure that you feel comfortable with the location you select. I have been planning weddings off resort for my clients for over a decade, and in an array of locations. We work with leading vendors and top wedding venues when making our recommendations to our couples. Roundtrip transportation is arranged for you and your wedding guests to ensure everyone returns back to the host property safely at the end of the evening.
There are many factors as to why a couple would opt to host their wedding on the resort where they will be staying. If the wedding group is less than 25 people, it might make more sense to keep the wedding on property, or if a couple is planning a simple vow renewal or elopement.
- Cost: A resort wedding can be a less expensive option if the couple are open to the idea of a semi-private wedding reception (Which means your event is not private, and your dinner would be shared with other guests on the resort in an a la carte restaurant). Couples can then take advantage of the All-inclusive benefit and would not responsible for food and alcohol costs, unless they wanted to host a private event.
- No transfers: If the wedding is taking place on the resort, there is no requirement for arranging shuttle transportation for guests to and from the selected wedding venue.
- Access to guest rooms: The couple & wedding party will have access to their guest rooms for the day of the wedding. If something is forgotten, it is easy to run back to the room for the items. This also allows guests an opportunity to freshen up between events and may be ideal if there are a substantial amount of children or elderly guests attending the wedding.
A key difference between working with an Independent Wedding planner such as myself vs an Onsite resort coordinator is that we come onboard to help you plan your wedding from the very beginning of the planning process and continue to work with you through the entire planning timeline. We are there to help you understand the “ins and outs” of resort weddings and the sometimes confusing resort packages & extra fees that can add up. We don’t focus solely on resort related items, but instead look at the planning process as a broad puzzle that needs to be put together with much of our help, expertise and guidance. A big difference between the two roles is the time investment you will get from both parties. Aisle Plan Your Day will typically invest an average of 100+ hours into your wedding planning; whereas with a resort coordinator, their time investment is much more restricted as they are often working on multiple weddings in one day
The first step is to contact us! We will schedule our FREE initial meeting and meet with you and answer all of your questions to get started. If you are ready to proceed with our services, we require an initial deposit and then break down the balance owing into easy monthly payments. We understand that when planning a wedding, couples are required to put down substantial deposits to secure their venue, photographer, travel etc – so we want to ensure we can be an affordable option to our clients and are happy to make arrangements for payment plans on our services. Our main focus is to make your wedding planning as stress-free as possible. We handle all of the details so that you can enjoy a blissful engagement and every step of the wedding planning process.